Muffins for Muscle Growth
It’s Elvis’s favorite flavor combo but with a fraction of the calories and a ton more protein. Eat dessert. Make gains.
The protein-first strategy is simple: build your diet around protein and everything else mostly takes care of itself. Getting lean, building muscle, controlling cravings, and making healthier choices is easier. It also means you don’t have to live on chicken breasts or cut out all carbs and fats.
The secret is replacing conventionally delicious foods with versions that satiate you so much that you consume fewer overall calories. We do this by turning desserts into protein-packed delights. This recipe is a winner when it comes to that idea.
By using MD protein (on Amazon) and powdered peanut butter, these muffins have fewer calories, fewer carbs, and twice the protein as most “healthy” muffin recipes. But all the flavor is still there!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash bananas into a big mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix until a batter forms.
- Add to a muffin tin sprayed with coconut oil. I used silicon cups, but it works without them.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Servings 10
- Calories 110
- Protein 11g
- Carbs 12g (Fiber 3g)
- Fat 1.5g
More protein recipes here: Protein Delights.